BladderScan® calculates and displays the bladder volume. Volume measurements made with VMODE® ultrasound are more accurate than those from conventional 2-dimensional ultrasound, as they are based on a more complex, 3-D image of the bladder.
Verathon BVI 3000 Bladder Scanner Features and Benefits
- Prevents unnecessary catheterisation
- Helps prevent undiagnosed urinary retention
- Reduces rates of urinary tract infection
- Helps caregivers manage and treat incontinence
- Eliminates unnecessary trauma to patients, preserves their dignity and helps improve patient care
- Cost effective – saves staff time and improves job satisfaction
- The LCD screen displays bladder position and volume.
- A unique aiming icon guides the operator to optimal probe placement.
- Comprehensive 3-dimensional display shows the bladder in two cross-sectional images to verify that a complete scan has been achieved.
- It’s easy to print the results of any scan for patient records or reimbursement procedures.
- The BladderScan documents cost savings and number of catheterisations prevented based on your institution’s statistical input.
Bladder Volume Range
- 0 to 999 ml
- The following accuracy specification assumes usage per instructions, scanning a Verathon Inc.
- Tissue Equivalent Phantom: 0 to 699 ml ± 20%, ± 20 ml; 700 to 999 ml ± 25%, ± 25 ml
- Less than 5 seconds
- 7.2v NiMH battery pack
- Six hours continuous use on one charge
- Displays battery low message when the battery is low
- Liquid Crystal
- Temporal Average Power: 1 mW maximum
- Focal 20 dB Beam-Area: 1.4 cm2
- Transducer Dimension: 3 mm diameter
- Working Frequency: 2 MHz
- Peak Instantaneous Intensity: 14 W/cm2 maximum
- Pulse Repetition Frequency: 180 pulses/second
- Scan angle: 120 degrees
- Mode: Vmode (multiple, aligned B-mode images)
- Temperature: 50° F to 104° F (+10° C to +40° C)
- Humidity: 30% to 75%, non-condensing
- Operating temperature 10 to 40°C (50 to 104°F)
- Transient overvoltage Category II Pollution degree II
- Atmospheric pressure 700 hPa to 1060 hPa
- Relative humidity 30 to 75%, non-condensing
- Ventilation The power supply is designed to operate with free air convection.
- Earth terminal The earth terminal provided in this unit is a functional earth terminal, as indicated by the ground symbol on the unit. It is not utilized in the power supply to provide earth protection. Various ground options are available upon request.
- Fuses The fuses used in the power supply are rated at 250 VAC, 2 A, quick acting
- Battery type Rechargeable nickel–metal hydride (NiMH)
- Nominal voltage 7.2 V
- Battery service life >500 cycles (IEC standard), approximately 2 years at 5 cycles per week
- Charging time and conditions 160 mA for 16 hours at 20°C (68°F)
- Rated capacity 1.6 Ah
- Charging voltage 9–32 V DC source
- Max weight 195 g (0.43 lbs)
- Width 61 mm (2.4 in)
- Length 59 mm (2.3 in)
- Height 36 mm (1.4 in)